Frequently Asked Questions
1. I'm not usually asked to log in. Why now?
Most likely the "cookies" on your internet browser got deleted. All you need to do is re-login. After you login, it should go back to the way it was before this issue - simply click on an article to go directly to the full story.
2. I forgot my login information. Can you email it to me?
The email you have on file with us and the password that was used when you registered are required in order to access your Life Annuity Specialist account.
If you forgot your email address, please log a case below or call (212) 542-1245 to contact customer support.
If you forgot your password, please visit the password reset page here or call (212) 542-1245.
If you forgot both your email on file and password, please log a case below or call (212) 542-1245 to contact customer support.
3. My login information does not work
If you tried to login and received the message, "The email and/or password combination you entered is not valid," please check your login information and try logging in again.
If you are keying in the correct information and still cannot access your account, please see the question below.
4. Why am I being asked to log in every visit?
Many login problems can be solved by instructing your web browser to accept "cookies" from our website. Please try the following steps to resolve your login issue:
1. Open your internet browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox)
2. Click "Tools" on The Menu Bar
3. From the Drop Down List, select "Internet Options"
4. Go to tab marked “General” (should be the default tab)
5. In the section marked “Browsing History” there is a box that says “Delete Browsing History on Exit”. Make sure this box is Unchecked.
6. Go to the tab marked "Privacy"
7. Click on the "Sites" button
8. Enter this in the URL field: LifeAnnuitySpecialist.com
9. Click on the "Allow" button
10. Click "OK" at the bottom of the screen
11. Click "OK" again
12. Try to login again.
Note: Some companies do not allow employees to alter their "cookies" settings. Please contact Customer Support if you still can't login, or if you have any difficulty completing these steps.
5. Why am I being asked to log in on a semi-regular basis?
Some companies do regular sweeps of the “cookies” on your computer. This is a routine operation performed by your IT department as security measure and unfortunately we are unable to assist in these cases. Please contact your IT department for further assistance.
6. I submitted my email address on the password reset page and I have been unable to recover my login information.
First, please check your SPAM/Junk email folder to make sure the email was not misdirected there.
If not, please note that the email address you key in must be identical to the email address we have on file for you. If you're not sure what email address you're subscribed or you continue to experience difficulty retrieving your login information, please log a case with customer support below and select the "I cannot login" option or call (212) 542-1245.
1. How do I sign up for a subscription?
Click here to sign up for Life Annuity Specialist and you will receive a two-week free trial, or if eligible, you will automatically be added to your company's existing subscription at no additional cost. If you have questions about signing up for Life Annuity Specialist, please call Customer Support at (212) 542-1245.
2. I'm having trouble accessing Life Annuity Specialist on my BlackBerry.
a) Our supported level of BlackBerry Enterprise Server is version 4.0 and above. The supported level of BlackBerry devices is also version 4.0 and above.
b) Our sites use "cookies" to remember who you are for each visit. You must have "cookies" handling enabled to access Life Annuity Specialist on your BlackBerry. You will need to work with your technology department to configure the "cookies" settings on your mobile device.
3. I am trying to access Life Annuity Specialist on my internet browser on my iPhone and I am being asked to log in every time.
It is possible your browser has been set to Private and your
“cookies” are not being saved. To check to see if your internet browser
has been set to Private, please follow these instructions.
a) Open up Safari on your iPhone
b) Click on the icon in the bottom right hand corner to open up a new page.
c) Before clicking on a new page to open, you will notice your web pages separated. At the bottom of the page you will see Private in the bottom left corner.
d) If Private is highlighted, your phone is not saving your “cookies”. You can turn this off by hitting Private one time. You will be asked if you want to Close All Pages. You can select Close All and proceed to log in to Life Annuity Specialist as you normally would.
1. I'm no longer receiving the daily emails
Please contact Customer Support.
1. How does Life Annuity Specialist fit in with our compliance needs?
We've designed Life Annuity Specialist working with investment managers' compliance departments to be compliance-friendly. Any submissions to the Life Annuity Specialist website automatically generate a copy of what you've written. Our systems send that copy to the email account associated with your username on any communication you make through our site. Your firm's compliance systems capture the email as it arrives in your inbox. This system works when forwarding a story to a friend, submitting a comment in one of our discussions, providing feedback on one of our articles, asking a question in Your Q&A, nominating an expert, and sending a message to an editor.